CDN Emporium 2017: Inspiring Ideas in Learning and Teaching
This year’s Emporium will take place in early June 2017, offering thought-provoking and practical workshops, seminars and activities at our offices in Stirling and in external venues across Scotland.
Building on last year’s Emporium of Inspiring Ideas, this year the focus is learning and teaching, which will be explored through practical and ‘hands-on’ sessions with the aim of:
- engaging and driving purposeful learning and teaching
- learning by doing through sessions on online learning, cooperative learning, inspiring learning and teaching, and technologies for learning.
Education ‘ate’ my learning!
Monday 5 June and Tuesday 6 June 2017
There are too many ‘ates’ in education – motivate, innovate, create, collaborate, participate, accelerate, differentiate, cooperate, certificate, credit rate – to name but a few. Just how can lecturers, teachers and support staff deliver all the ‘ates’? There are few learning approaches and strategies that have not been tried in vocational and theory classrooms. There is no ‘silver bullet’ but over the last few years there have been some well researched approaches that do deliver many of the ‘ates’.
The CDN delivery team is offering two days of learning ideas and suggestions to use with your students. This Emporium is not for you if you want to come along and just listen to the ‘what’ of learning and teaching. It is for you if you want to get your sleeves rolled up and do lots of ‘stuff’ that you can use with your groups of students. Prepare to be all ‘ated’ out! Also, be prepared to have a lot of fun! Remember everyone says learning should be enjoyable!
How good are we at developing employability in our learners?
Friday 23 June 2017 hosted by West Lothian College
This conference for schools, colleges and other agencies, is a call for action in challenging our practices in preparing our learners for employment and will focus on three broad interactive session
- Understanding and Capturing Learner Employability
- Employer Engagement,
- bringing education and employers closer
- Delivering Career Management Skills
In addition we will have a number of stalls demonstrating positive practices from across the sector.
Benefits of attending:
- Perspectives from colleges, schools, employers, Community Learning and Development (CLD) and training providers.
- Hear from learners first hand
- Key features and elements driving curriculum development
- Encounter inspiring learning and teaching ideas
This years Emporium will be brought to you by a wide range of contributors – CDN learning and teaching staff, College learners, College Principals, School Headteachers, Student Organisations, Community Learning & Development and Curriculum Leads.